Theta Microelectronics is a leading provider of RFIC design services and related Intellectual Property (IP) circuit blocks for mobile and fixed wireless connectivity and video applications. Meeting difficult RFIC performance specifications with cost effective silicon solutions that achieve short time-to-market are the primary advantages Theta delivers to its clients. Theta’s extensive intellectual property portfolio of proven circuit designs, leveraged by its talented engineering team (200 years of cumulative RF and systems design experience) combine to make Theta the best choice for the design of cost effective RFIC solutions.
Theta’s design of complex RFIC transceivers encompasses a broad range of IEEE standards, including:
• 802.11a/b/g/h/j WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network)
• 802.11n and higher speed enhancement for wireless video applications
• WiMAX (802.16d/e), the emerging standard for MWBA (Mobile Wireless Broadband Access) applications
Theta Microelectronics Inc. was founded in 1994 as a design services provider. The founders were industry-renown technologists in the field of radio frequency and high-speed mixed-signal ASIC's: Prof. Yannis Tsividis from Columbia University, New York, and Prof. Yannis Papananos from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Both remain associated with Theta in key technical management and IP invention roles.
Theta is a venture backed company that has raised a total of $13 million from a syndicate of venture capital investors from the US, Greece and Taiwan. The company is financially stable and is continuing to grow its client base. Theta supports its customers through its European location in Athens.
Business partners include both IBM where Theta is a member of the “Ready for IBM” technology program and TSMC where Theta participates in TSMC’s IP Incubation Program.
With its talented team of engineers and close links to academic institutions, THETA is committed to the pioneering of technological advances in RF device modelling, circuit design and system architectures. Theta continuously invests in IP development to remain in the vanguard of next generation, high frequency wireless product suppliers.
Example RFIC projects
• High Dynamic Range Filter for ZIF DVB Receivers (1996)
• Cartesian Feedback Loop Linearization ASICs for TETRA (1999,2000)
• 1V Bluetooth Radio Front-end (2000)
• TH5001 Single chip 802.11a transceiver (2002)
• TH5024 Single chip WiFi 802.11abg transceiver (2003)
• TH5025 Single chip WiFi+ 802.11abghj transceiver (2004)
• TH5025 Single chip 5GHz WiMAX transceiver (2005)
• A WIMAX transceiver (2006)
• A single chip IF stage for point-to-point WiMAX and 3G backhaul applications (2006)
• A CMOS WiMAX receiver (2006)
Theta IP Highlights
Theta offers RFIC transceiver solutions based on its extensive IP portfolio. Theta’s innovative circuit designs are the subject of twenty patent applications, three of which have been granted by the USPTO. Additional applications are in preparation. Examples of Theta inventions include dynamic biasing and power management, integrated balun transformers, programmable channel-select filters, and high speed self-contained compensation and calibration loops.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Theta Microelectronics Inc.
2 Astronafton, Marousi 15125
Phone: +30-210-6839560, Fax: +30-210-6819184
Email:email@example.com, url: www.thetamicro.com
Theta Microelectronics features services in the following categories:
- IC Solutions
- SoC/ASIC Design
- Physical Design & DFT