72001 MPSC Controller (Multi-Protocol Serial Communication Controller) is a general-purpose communication controller which consists of two sets of bi-directional parallel / serial converter circuits for data communication.
- Hardware features
- Transmit buffer (2 Byte Depth)
- Receive buffer (4 Byte Depth)
- Interrupt control function
- DMA request: 2 for TX and 2 for Rx
- Overrun error detection
- Baud rate generator
- Self-loop back test function
- DPLL supported
- Communication protocol features
- Start-stop synchronization
- Character oriented protocol (COP) - Mono-sync, Bi-sync, External sync
- Bit oriented protocol (BOP) - HDLC, SDLC, SDLC Loop
- Processing data format
- Encode/decode of NRZ (Non-Return to Zero)
- Encode/decode of NRZI (Non-Return to Zero Inverted)
- Encode/decode of FM (Frequency Modulation)
- Decode in Manchester mode
- Controller has facilities for modem controls in both channels.
- Controller modem signals are not used then they can be used as general purpose I/O
- Compatible with uPD72001 and 85C30
- Controller supports all three serial protocols (UART, Mono-Sync, Bi-Sync, HDLC and SDLC)
- Please visit our website for deliverable details.