The logiHAC is the Automotive Hybrid Cluster Development Platform based on Xilinx® Spartan®-3E FPGA and Xylon logicBRICKS IP cores. It is a multiprocessor system that combines the low-cost Microchip PIC18F2680 MCU and the Xilinx FPGA working as MCU coprocessor. The FPGA implements Xylon logicBRICKS IP cores controlling system's graphics and stepper motors. The Xilinx MicroBlaze(TM) CPU communicates with the MCU through the serial SPI bus, interprets MCU commands and controls logicBRICKS IP cores. This platform illustrates benefits of FPGA deployment in cluster designs: fast development cycles that save legacy software and hardware, very competitive costs in comparison to ASSPs, FPGA boosted system's flexibility and configurability. The logiHAC comes preloaded with demo applications and includes an FPGA reference design based on Xilinx MicroBlaze and Xylon logicBRICKS. Xylon evaluation IP cores are functionally equal to fully-licensed products and enable parametrization through the EDK GUI, simulation, and a full hardware implementation.
- Design framework for automotive instrument clusters with LCD and analog gauges
- Comes preloaded with the cluster demo
- Multiprocessor system architecture with the low-cost Microchip PIC18F2680 MCU and the Xilinx® MicroBlaze(TM) CPU in the FPGA
- Reference FPGA design including demo application's source code
- System packed in a single Plexiglas casing
- Development platform based on Xylon logiCRAFT3 platform with an add-on board
- Xilinx Spartan®-3E XC3S1200E device
- 7” 800x480 LCD color display
- 32 MB SDRAM, 8 MB NOR memory
- PAL/NTSC video camera input
- Demo controlled by provided user interface
- Gauges driven by Switec stepper motors
- Installation CD:
- FPGA reference design with evaluation logicBRICKS IP cores
- demo software sources
- boards' schematics
- Fully-featured and self-contained system for development of automotive instrument clusters or other automotive/embedded systems based on Xilinx FPGA technology. Xylon logicBRICKS IP cores and full graphics solutions are compatible with industry leading third-party GUI builder tools.
- Xylon logiCRAFT3 Spartan-3E based board
- Xylon CRFC03 cluster daughter card for the logiCRAFT3
- Xylon CRFT03 daughter card for the logiCRAFT3
- Debugging serial cable
- 12 VDC power supply
- The logiHAC installation CD image available for FTP. The CD includes the reference FPGA with evaluation logicBRICKS IP cores, low-level drivers, documentation, schematics, etc.