This Xilinx® Spartan®-6 based Companion Chip Platform highlights flexibility of Xilinx FPGA based companion chips for popular embedded host processors. Embedded designers can expand, upgrade and differentiate their systems by adding the FPGA to the host processor. FPGA companion chip's functions include support for missing processor features and specialized interfacing. Additionally, high-speed processing can be offloaded from the base processor to the FPGA for maximum performance.
The logiCRAFT-CC-Premier kit includes all the features provided with the logiCRAFT-CC-Base kit. In addition, the kit includes the BeagleBoard-xM open development platform to assure full out-of-box experience. It enables immediate developments of the USB based FPGA companion chips. The ARM® Cortex™-A8 based processor uses the logicBRICKS IP cores implemented in the FPGA as tightly integrated peripherals fully supported within the Linux environment. The BeagleBoard-xM runs the Ubuntu Linux based OS - bootable SD card provided by Xylon.
- Based on the logiCRAFT-CC platform
- Xilinx® Spartan®-6 LX150T FPGA
- Includes the BeagleBoard-xM development platform with the ARM® Cortex™-A8 based processor (TI's OMAP™)
- The logiCRAFT-CC and the BeagleBoard-xM connected by the USB
- Reference PCIe® and USB FPGA designs
- Linux drivers for logicBRICKS IP cores
- Linux demo applications
- SD memory card with Ubuntu OS for the BeagleBoard-xM
- Full cabling set
- Provides pre-designed interfacing infrastructure and saves months of development. Embedded system designers can add application specific IPs in the FPGA and use them as processor peripherals tightly integrated with the operating system. Xylon provides Linux drivers for all logicBRICKS IP cores included in the kit.
- The kit includes USB firmware for the Xilinx MicroBlaze™ CPU which works with Xilinx IP core.
- logiCRAFT-CC board including Xilinx Spartan-6 LX150T FPGA
- BeagleBoard-xM development platform with TI's OMAP (ARM Cortex-A8 based) processor
- PCIe and USB reference FPGA designs with evaluation logicBRICKS IP cores
- Linux drivers for all FPGA IP cores
- Ubuntu Linux based OS for the BeagleBoard-xM on the bootable sd CARD
- Linux demo applications: video frame grabbing, audio control, SD card control
- Full cabling set with the power supply