The DCPB-2140 is a PCI-Express acceleration board for performing JPEG 2000 decompression. It is compatible with the Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) and can process 48 frames per second in 2K (2048x1080) resolution. Supporting all the features defined in the DCI specification, the DCPB-2140 combines performance, robustness and high quality to provide a solution for decoding digital cinema content.
Its compactness makes the DCPB-2140 an excellent alternative to PC clusters, offering real-time decoding capability in a PCIe form factor. Moreover it is built on FPGA technology, which offers the advantages of flexibility and upgradeability.
The DCPB-2140 can be used at different stages in the digital cinema workflow, including production, archiving and projection. The uniqueness of the DCPB-2140 is reinforced by support of true 4K resolution, available as an option.
- PCIe board, 4 lanes
- Input: DCI-compliant j2c codestream
- Output: uncompressed images or video in RGB or XYZ format
- Custom image size up to DCI 4K in a single tile
- RCT/ICT support
- Real-time 2K decoding at 48 fps
- Lossless decompression support
- SDK, including drivers and API