The DCPB-2100 is a PCI-Express acceleration board for performing JPEG 2000 compression. It is compatible with the Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) and can process 48 frames per second in 2K (2048x1080) resolution.
Featuring a unique rate allocation module, the DCPB-2100 can encode untiled images with resolutions up to 2K DCI format (and optionally 4K). Moreover, its programmable configuration in constant bitrate or constant quality modes allows the user to generate high-quality JPEG 2000 codestreams at various compression factors.
Its compactness makes the DCPB-2100 an excellent alternative to PC clusters, offering real-time encoding capability in a PCIe form factor. In addition it is built on FPGA technology, which offers the advantages of flexibility and upgradeability.
The DCPB-2100 can be used at different stages in the digital cinema workflow, including acquisition, production, archiving and mastering. The uniqueness of the DCPB-2100 is reinforced by the support of true 4K resolution, available as an option.
- PCIe board, 4 lanes
- Input: uncompressed images or video in RGB or XYZ format
- Output: DCI-compliant j2c codestream
- Custom image size up to DCI 4K in a single tile
- RCT/ICT support
- Configurable rate allocation: constant bitrate or constant quality
- Real-time 2K encoding at 48 fps
- Lossless compression support
- SDK, including drivers and API