The DCPB-2120 is a PCI-Express acceleration board for performing JPEG 2000 compression. It can process one stream of 1080p60, or multiple streams at lower resolutions, in real time.
Featuring a unique rate allocation module, the DCPB-2120 can encode untiled images with resolutions up to 1080p. Moreover, its programmable configuration in constant bitrate or constant quality modes allows the user to generate high-quality JPEG 2000 codestreams at various bitrates.
Its compactness makes the DCPB-2120 an excellent alternative to PC clusters, offering real-time encoding capability in a PCIe form factor. In addition, it is built on FPGA technology, which offers the advantages of flexibility and upgradeability.
The DCPB-2120 can be used for various broadcast or other applications, including Acquisition, Storage, Archiving, Production and Contribution.
- PCIe board, 4 lanes
- Input: uncompressed images or video in YCbCr 4:2:2 format
- Output: j2c codestream (adapted Digital Cinema Profile)
- Custom image size up to 1920x1080 in a single tile
- Real-time encoding up to 1080p60
- Multi-stream capability
- Configurable rate allocation: constant bitrate or constant quality
- Configurable number of quality layers
- Lossless compression support
- SDK, including drivers and API