The X5-210M is an XMC IO module featuring four 14-bit 250 MSPS A/Ds with a Virtex5 FPGA computing core, DRAM and SRAM memory, and eight lane PCI Express host interface.
A Xilinx Virtex5 SX95T with 512MB DDR2 DRAM and 4MB QDR-II memory provide a very high performance DSP core for demanding applications such as emerging wireless standards. The close integration of the analog IO, memory and host interface with the FPGA enables real-time signal processing at extremely high rates exceeding 300 GMACs per second.
The X5 XMC modules couple Innovative's powerful Velocia architecture with a high performance, 8-lane PCI Express interface that provides over 1 GB/s sustained transfer rates to the host. Private links to host cards with > 1.6 GB/s capacity using P16 are provided for system integration.
The X5 family can be fully customized using VHDL and MATLAB using the FrameWork Logic toolset. The MATLAB BSP supports real-time hardware-in-the-loop development using the graphical, block diagram Simulink environment with Xilinx System Generator.
Software tools for host development include C++ libraries and drivers for Windows and Linux. Application examples demonstrating the module features and use are provided.
This extremely versatile module is easily adapted for use in virtually any type of system. Our XMC carrier adapters offer conduction and convection cooling and are available for a range of interfaces including Desktop PCI, Desktop PCI Express, Cabled PCI Express, CompactPCI, and PXI/PXI Express. This module is also readily installed into Innovative Integration's eInstrument Embedded PC, SBC-ComEx Single-Board Computer, and Andale Data Loggers.
- Four 250 MSPS 14-bit A/D channels
- +/-1V, 50 ohm, SMA inputs and outputs
- Xilinx Virtex5, SX95T
- 512 MB DDR2 DRAM
- 4 MB QDR-II SRAM
- 8 RocketIO private links, 2.5 Gbps each
- >1 GB/s, 8-lane PCI Express Host Interface
- Power Management features
- XMC Module (75x150 mm)
- PCI Express (VITA 42.3)
- Ruggedization Levels for Wide Temperature Operation
- Adapters for VPX, Compact PCI, Desktop PCI and Cabled PCI Express Systems
- Excellent choice for the following applications:
- Wireless Receiver and Transmitter
- WLAN, WCDMA, WiMAX front end
- Electronic Counter Measures (ECM)
- Electronic Warfare
- High Speed Data Recording and Playback
- High speed servo controls
- Spectral Analysis
- IP development
- One X5-210M PCI Express XMC Module with Four 250 MSPS 14-bit A/Ds, Virtex5 FPGA, and DDR2/QDR-II Memory