The X5-400M is an XMC IO module featuring two 14-bit, 400 MSPS A/D and two 16-bit, 500 MSPS DAC channels with a Virtex5 FPGA computing core and PCI Express host interface on a standard XMC module.
A Xilinx Virtex5 SX95T FPGA with 512 MB DDR2 DRAM and 4MB QDR-II memory provide a very high performance DSP core for demanding applications such as emerging wireless standards. The close integration of the analog IO, memory and host interface with the FPGA enables real-time signal processing at extremely high rates exceeding 300 GMACs per second.
The X5 XMC modules couple Innovative's powerful Velocia architecture with a high performance, 8-lane PCI Express interface that provides over 1 GB/s sustained transfer rates to the host. Private links to host cards with > 1.6 GB/s capacity using J16 are provided for system integration. The X5 family can be fully customized using VHDL and MATLAB using the FrameWork Logic toolset. The MATLAB BSP supports real-time hardware-in-the-loop development using the graphical, block diagram Simulink environment with Xilinx System Generator.
Software tools for host development include C++ libraries and drivers for Windows and Linux. Application examples demonstrating the module features and use are provided.
This extremely versatile module is easily adapted for use in virtually any type of system. Our XMC carrier adapters offer conduction and convection cooling and are available for a range of interfaces including Desktop PCI, Desktop PCI Express, Cabled PCI Express, CompactPCI, and PXI/PXI Express. This module is also readily installed into Innovative Integration's eInstrument Embedded PC, SBC-ComEx Single-Board Computer, and Andale Data Loggers.
- Two 400 MSPS, 14-bit A/D channels
- Two 500 MSPS, 16-bit DAC channels
- +/-1V, 50 ohm, SMA inputs and outputs
- Xilinx Virtex5, SX95T FPGA
- 512 MB DDR2 DRAM
- 4 MB QDR-II SRAM
- 8 Rocket IO private links, 2.5 Gbps each
- >1 GB/s, 8-lane PCI Express Host Interface
- Power Management features
- XMC Module (75x150 mm)
- PCI Express (VITA 42.3)
- Ruggedization Levels for Wide Temperature Operation
- Adapters for VPX, Compact PCI, Desktop PCI and Cabled PCI Express Systems
- Excellent choice for the following applications:
- Wireless Receiver and Transmitter
- WLAN, WCDMA, WiMAX front end
- Electronic Counter Measures (ECM)
- Electronic Warfare
- High Speed Data Recording and Playback
- High speed servo controls
- Spectral Analysis
- IP development
- One X5-400M PCIe XMC Module - Two 400 MSPS, 14-bit TI ADS5474 ADCs and Two 500 MSPS, 16-bit DACs, Virtex5 FPGA and 512 MB Memory.
- Availabe Wireless IP, Adapters, Data Recorders