The Tata Elxsi DSP Multimedia expertise spans a rich set of codecs and services that have proven world-class performance.
We have partnered with leading Consumer Electronics and Semiconductor companies across the world and enabled products through our extensive range of IPs along with our Product Design Services.
Tata Elxsi has been selected by ARM as the first ARM Approved Design Center: Software Specialist.
Tata Elxsi has optimized the AAC LC codec to produce a small memory footprint and high performance
This highly optimized codec implementation has gone past few rounds of product level integration and testing
- MPEG-4 AAC Low complexity (LC) Object type of ISO/IEC 14496-3 up to 2 channels (stereo)
- Supports files encoded with compliant ISO/IEC 13818-7 or 14496-3 encoders, namely, ADIF, ADTS and BTS formats
- Sampling Frequency from 8KHz to 96 KHz
- Bit-rate up to 320 KBPS
- Output is 16-bit LPCM
- Constant and Variable Bit-rate
- Supports TNS, PNS, MS, IS
- CRC Check
- Tata Elxsi Value Proposition: TEL’s codec solutions keep the below mentioned aspects as the defining criteria’s in the design stage:
- Re-entrant and multithread safe
- No memory leaks and corruptions
- Least usage of memory and MIPS
- No global writes
- Shall be adaptive for limited "large sized" contiguous memory
- Shall be adaptive for memory partitioning
- Core codecs suitably abstracted through a rich set of APIs
- Tata Elxsi provides a wide range of experience in codec development and porting thus helping customers expedite their product performance and development cycles.
- Proprietary algorithm development
- Integration/Porting services
- Faster time-to-market
- Highly Cost-effective IPs and services, proven across the world with leading clients
- Ansi C source/Object Code
- Platform Optimized Source/Object Code
- API Documnetation and Test Report Documentation