eInfochips has developed a comprehensive package for TI's customers - the ATM SAR solution, with eXpress DSP compliance - for TI's C64xx processor family.
This development package assists the end client to easily and quickly develop ATM solutions on TI C64xx platform.
The solution is XDIAS compliant so can be easily interfaced with any existing DSP application. As mentioned in the features, the solution supports the AAL2 - CPS and AAL5 - SAR, CPCS on C6415, C6416 DSP.
The C64XX device delivers substantially increased processing power, with dramatically lower power and cost. The C6416 in ATM SAR product allows to improve performance and throughput of the ATM SAR as compared to other DSPs. The large internal RAM allows for a higher amount of buffer space for ATM SAR SDUs and PDUs. In case of AAL5 it speeds up the transfer of data packets from external memory to internal memory for segmentation. Using UTOPIA, ATM physical master can be interfaced to C64xx DSP.
- The AAL type 2 is subdivided into the Common Part Sublayer (CPS) and the Service Specific Convergence Sublayer (SSCS) as shown in block diagram. Different SSCS protocols can be defined to support specific AAL type 2 user services. The SSCS can be null. The AAL type 2 provides the capabilities to transfer AAL-SDUs from one AAL-SAP to other AAL-SAP through the ATM network.
- AAL2-CPS Module features:
- Provides IALG (Interface Algorithm) interface to upper layer (SSCS or Application layer or Management layer) and to lower layer (ATM layer).
- According to ITU-T I-363.2, transmitter segments the CPS-SDU and generates 48 octets SAR-PDUs. It also supports combined use timer functionality in case of overlapped PDU.
- Receiver reassembles the PDU and passes over to the upper layer. Before passing the data to upper layer, it does error checking and in case of error, it drops the packet and passes information to the management layer.
- AAL5-SAR, CPCS
- The AAL type 5 is subdivided into the Service Specific Convergence Sublayer (SSCS), Common Part Convergence Sublayer and SAR as shown in block diagram. Different SSCS protocols can be defined to support specific AAL type 5 user services. The SSCS can be null. The AAL type 5 provides the capabilities to transfer AAL-SDUs from one AAL-SAP to other AAL-SAP through the ATM network.
- AAL5-SAR, CPCS Module features:
- Provides IALG (Interface Algorithm) interface to upper layer (SSCS or Application layer) and to lower layer (ATM layer)
- This module supports CPCS-SDU length from 1 to 65 535 octets. It generates 32 bit CRC on whole payload
- Supports Message Mode Service
- Supports configurable error handling. If corrupted data delivery option is set, and the data is corrupted, it delivers the data with Reception Status (RS).
- Library files
- User guide containing API documentation