PNG is an extensible file format for the lossless, portable, well-compressed storage of raster images.The implementation of the PNG decoder supports decoding of PNG images to 24-bit and 16-bit bitmap images. PNG decoder supports all five types of available PNG images like Truecolor, Truecolor with alpha, Grayscale, Grayscale with alpha, and Indexed-color.
The implementation of PNG decoder is highly optimized for the appropriate target platform in terms of MIPS and memory required. The decoder is fully reentrant allowing multiple instances of the decoder possible, as well as allowing a flexible memory placement.
- The decoder is fully reentrant
- There are no limitations on resolutions which can be supported by the decoder, if sufficient memory is available
- Fully compliant with the standard
- Decoder supports all PNG varients
- Supports multi-format outputs including RGB565, RGB888
- Can be readily connected to a low memory high performance downscaling modules available from Picus.
- Very Low memory footprint
- Targeted for portable devices, which require low power consumption and have tiny memories, but can easily work on more resource enabled platforms
- Object code
- Test wrapper to demonstrate functionality
- API documentation