Silicon Interfaces Announces USB On-The-Go (OTG) Intellectual Property
CAMPBELL, Calif., July 20, 2005 - Silicon Interfaces, a high-end design services and leading provider for IPs in Europe, USA and Japan, under their IP Development Program - Silicon Cores: Core to the Intelligent Systems, today announced the availability of USB OTG intellectual property (IP). The SI22USB10 USB OTG IP increases the portfolio of Silicon Interfaces IPs.
It is a single core solution incorporating USB-OTG operating in Link Layer of Open System Interconnect (OSI) which significantly reduces the time and cost of implementing complex USBOTG target system designs. The SI22USB10 USB OTG is user-configurable & individually programmable for Bulk/Interrupt or Isochronous transfers. Access to the FIFOs associated with these endpoints and to the internal control / status registers is either via an 8-bit micro-controller bus.
The USB On-The-Go specification has been introduced to provide a Low-cost connectivity solution for consumer portable devices such as mobile phones, PDAs, digital still cameras and MP3 players.
SI22USB10 USB OTG Features
- Dual Role Device: Operates either as a function controller for a USB peripheral or as the host/peripheral in point-to-point communications with another USB function.
- Complies with the USB standard for Full-Speed (12 Mbps), High-Speed (480 Mbps) functions and with the On-The-Go supplement to the USB 2.0 specification.
- Supports point-to-point communication with a Full-Speed or High-Speed device
- Supports both Session Request Protocol (SRP) and Host Negotiation Protocol (HNP).
- Supports Dataline Pulsing for A device SRP Detection
- UTMI+ Level 1 Transceiver Macrocell Interface.
- Supports 8-bit mode of operation
- Supports 3 Endpoints
- Endpoint 0 INOUT
- Endpoint 1 IN
- Endpoint 2 OUT
- It supports 256bytes for EP0 & 4 Kbytes for other endpoints.
- Supports Suspend and Remote Resume signaling.
For a complete listing of SI22USB10 USB OTG features and pricing, please visit the Silicon Cores web site at http://www.siliconcores.com
Availability The SI22USB10 USB OTG is available now and as per requirements can be delivered with 16-bit UTM Interface.
About USB On-The- Go
USB-OTG function controller is a highly integrated USB-OTG solution for USB-OTG applications. The SI22USB10 is an USB-OTG Function controller core designed as per USBOTG specification, which is a supplement to USB 2.0 specification. It has the standard UTMI+ interface at host end and a generic microcontroller interface at the device end. It is a single core solution incorporating USB OTG operating in Link Layer of Open System Interconnect (OSI) which significantly reduces the time and cost of implementing complex USB OTG target system designs.
About Silicon Interfaces
Silicon Interfaces has experience in verification solutions and developing IP for Fabric Channel Interconnect, Telecom and Networking domains, including Bluetooth Baseband, Gigabit Ethernet MAC, SONET Framer STS-1/3, 1394, USB2 Function Controller, Infiniband, 8530, 8051, 7990, UART, Rapid IO and 802.11 a&b MAC. Currently, our Roadmap IPs are PCIExpress, 10 Giga and SONET STS Framer 12. The IPs has had considerable maturity based on certification, targets to various FPGA devices and ASIC libraries, silicon area optimization, silicon prototyping and testing. Also available is OVA VIPs and an extensive driver development program in order to offer a packaged solution to the customer. For more information please visit www.siliconcores.com
Contact Silicon Interfaces