Virage Logic Showcases Leading Solution-to-Silicon Offerings at CES 2010
Virage Logic's Processor Solutions and Sonic Focus Technology Deliver Unique Listening Experience on PCs, Consumer Electronics, and Portable Devices
FREMONT, Calif., Jan 05, 2010 -- Virage Logic Corporation (NASDAQ:VIRL), the semiconductor industry's trusted IP partner, is participating in the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NV January 7th to 10th in the Audio Pavilion at the Venetian Tower Suite #30-224. Virage Logic will be featuring demonstrations of its processor portfolio, including the ARC(R) 601 introduced in December 2009 and already shipping to customers, and the AS 211SFX Sound-to-Silicon audio subsystem introduced in mid 2009 and already licensed to a number of customers. Virage Logic will also show an exciting addition to its product portfolio of Sonic Focus audio enhancement technology on a wide variety of computing and consumer products.
Featured demonstrations will include the following:
- A virtual theater listening experience for Digital TV delivered by Virage Logic's newest Sonic Focus audio technology that employs advanced acoustical modeling techniques, using a 3.1 Surround HD speaker array and a 7.1 reference array soundbar.
- Headphones driven by Virage Logic's ARC processor reference board highlighting Sonic Focus Headphone Technology, that creates a non-fatiguing, expanded soundstage with enhanced vocal prominence for use with stereo speakers or headphones.
- Virage Logic's Sound-to-Silicon solution running the highest quality lossless HD audio codecs on an FPGA based reference design. The solution includes the AS 211SFX audio subsystem, a full suite of audio codecs developed, optimized and supported by Virage Logic, including its industry-leading Sonic Focus audio enrichment technology.
- Hewlett Packard TouchSmart all-in-one desktop PC highlighting the company's Sonic Focus Adaptive Volume technology that eliminates the need for frequent end-user volume adjustment. The software uses adaptive techniques to normalize audio levels of movies and music.
- Tiny thin consumer laptop speakers with attenuated bass characteristics generating the enhanced bass listening experience of much larger home stereo speakers thanks to the Sonic Focus Virtual Bass technology now shipping on a number of laptop PCs from major PC manufacturers.
- Sitel-based DECT phone highlighting the Sonic Focus Vocal Clarity technology that significantly improves intelligibility of voice communications without adding harshness or inducing listener fatigue.
In addition, Virage Logic's customers will be well represented among the major manufacturers exhibiting at the event including the following:
- The world's largest PC motherboard manufacturer will display a brand new PC offering containing Virage Logic's Sonic Focus technology delivering audiophile sound quality.
- ViXS Systems Inc. will feature their XCode 3290 SoC, a multicore design comprising several ARC 700 and ARC 600 CPU cores, which is implemented in consumer video products from major Japanese consumer electronics vendors.
- Fujitsu Ltd., a provider of set-top box SoCs to manufacturers worldwide, includes over thirty designs employing ARC processors.
- Hewlett Packard will feature its line of TouchSmart all-in-one desktop PCs.
See Virage Logic at CES
Experience Virage Logic's Sound-to-Silicon solutions during CES in Las Vegas, January 7 to 10. Visit Virage Logic in the Audio Pavilion in the Venetian Tower Suite #30-224. To arrange a demonstration, call your local Virage Logic Sales team or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a time slot.
About Virage Logic
Virage Logic is a leading provider of both functional and physical semiconductor intellectual property (IP) for the design of complex integrated circuits. The company's highly differentiated product portfolio includes processor solutions, interface IP solutions, embedded SRAMs and NVMs, embedded memory test and repair, logic libraries, and memory development software. As the industry's trusted semiconductor IP partner, more than 400 foundry, IDM and fabless customers rely on Virage Logic to achieve higher performance, lower power, higher density and optimal yield, as well as shorten time-to-market and time-to-volume. For further information, visit http://www.viragelogic.com.
Contact Virage Logic