Magillem launches CRYSTAL BULB for Advanced Platform Assessment
Multifaceted exploration of the platform shortens design cycle and improve productivity
Paris, France and Anaheim, CA, June 14, 2010. Magillem SA, the leading provider of solutions that drastically reduce the global cost of complex designs, today announces its latest offshoot Crystal Bulb for Advanced Platform Assessment. Crystal Bulb is an analysis tool of virtual platforms power and timing at ESL or RTL, built and validated with two major IDM players, and designed to:
- Facilitate the propagation of the characteristics (Power, timing constraints, operation security constraints )
- Reassemble blocks or sub systems
- Update the timing specifications and requirements for a virtual block
Crystal Bulb is the response to well known major questions raised at an early stage during platform design :
- It automates power related tasks as much as possible (isolation cells,..) using related information from the design specification. Different power strategies may be involved using UPF and IP-XACT for hierarchical information propagation and documentation.
- IP timing data after characterization at block level can now be compared to the expected constraints at SOC level.
- Multiple IP facets and characteristics can be retrieved and compared to the original specifications. Crystal Bulb allows a scenario-based verification and enables a real traceability of the requirements.
Ambitious goal of IEEE 1685 (IP-Xact) expert Magillem with its innovative solutions, built on open standards, is to provide a comprehensive, powerful and versatile IDE engine able to work in a collaborative environment : adding timing and power data consolidation on the complete SOC design database is a major milestone to reach the target.
Crystal Bulb will be released September 15th, 2010
CRYSTAL BULB Features :
- Characterization infrastructure
- FMEA for timing and power
- Power estimation : UPF and CPF based
- Multi-voltage design analyze and automatic level shifter instanciation
- CDC interblock checker
- Electrical rules Check
- Industry-standard best practices for coding and design guidelines
- Hierarchical connection and timing parameters checkers
- Customizable framework to capture and automate company expertise
- Completeness and coherency of constraint files on interfaces
- Generate report, documentation for electronic specifications
- Evaluate trade-off on design architecture
Magillem has developed an easy to use, state-of-the-art platform solution to cover electronic systems design flow challenges in a context where complexity, interoperability and design reuse are becoming critical issues to manage design cycle time of SOC. Company is Headquartered in Paris, France, with offices in New York, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
Magillem is a public company traded on the Euronext Free Market.
For further information please visit www.magillem.com.
About IEEE 1685 (IP-XACT)
IP-XACT is an undisputed worldwide XML format that defines and describes electronic components and their designs. IP-XACT was created by the SPIRIT Consortium, now part of Accellera, as a standard to enable automated configuration and integration through tools. 150 industrial companies and organizations. The goals of the standard are:
- to ensure delivery of compatible component descriptions from multiple component vendors,
- to enable exchanging complex component libraries between electronic design automation (EDA) tools for SoC design (design environments),
- to describe configurable components using metadata, and to enable the provision of EDA vendor-neutral scripts for component creation and configuration.
Contact Magillem Design Services