MIPS Technologies Launches New Developer Community
Developer.mips.com Offers Comprehensive Development Resources for the MIPS® Architecture
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - April 14, 2011 - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital home, networking and mobile applications, today announced the launch of its new Developer Community at Developer.mips.com. The new site, which is live now, is specifically tailored to the needs of software developers working with the Android platform, Linux operating system and other applications for MIPS-Based hardware. All information and resources on the site are openly accessible.
"This new community demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the vibrant open source effort around the MIPS cores and architecture, as well as around our customers' and their customers' hardware platforms," said Art Swift, vice president of marketing and business development, MIPS Technologies. "As the MIPS architecture continues to expand into new high-volume markets such as mobile handsets and tablets, we see an increasing need for these resources among the growing MIPS developer community."
On the site, developers will find resources including:
- Android on MIPS source code, porting instructions, a native development kit (NDK) for Android applications development on MIPS, and other Android resources
- Linux on MIPS resources including kernel source code
- Downloadable development tools including the MIPS Navigator Integrated Component Suite (ICS) integrated development environment and GCC compilers for MIPS
- How-to video tutorials for MIPS Navigator ICS including the "Multicore Debug Series"
- Access to EJTAG debugger tools
- Information about MIPS-Based development boards
- Application notes and support forums for Android, Linux and developer tools
- Blog postings from MIPS development engineers on developer-specific topics such as kernels, performance tuning and debug tips/tricks
- Links to other MIPS community sites including mipsandroid.org and linux-mips.org
- Information about other MIPS ecosystem companies and resources
Visit http://developer.mips.com to join the MIPS Developer Community.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores that power some of the world's most popular products for the digital home, networking and mobile device markets. These include broadband devices from Linksys, DTVs and digital consumer devices from Sony, DVD recordable devices from Pioneer, digital set-top boxes from Motorola, network routers from Cisco, 32-bit microcontrollers from Microchip Technology and laser printers from Hewlett-Packard. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide. For more information, contact (408) 530-5000 or visit www.mips.com.
Contact MIPS Technologies, Inc.