Solution uses the power of PCIe and DMA to implement networking concepts in an SSD
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- November 14, 2013 -- â PLDA, the industry leader in PCI ExpressÂ® IP solutions and Fastor Systems, an innovative provider of Solid State Drives for enterprise and cloud applications, today announced the incorporation of PLDAâs PCIe IP with advanced built-in DMA into an upcoming Fastor Systemsâ NVMe Solid State Drive.
Fastor Systemsâ architecture is the industryâs first and only fabric based SSD in the marketplace today. The use of this non-blocking switch fabric has enabled a multitude of disruptive benefits resulting in a new generation of features and functions, or SSD 2.0. These benefits include:
- Eliminates the bus contention inherent in all existing SSDs, and results in higher and more stable performance as well higher capacity and lower cost of ownership
- Allows the full performance potential of the Flash Memory to be unleashed, which is not possible in any controller-centric architecture
- Enables dramatic reductions in implementation cost and power consumption through SSD virtualization
The Fastor Systems NVMe SSD utilizes IP from PLDA to enable the high performance levels required within their PCIe subsystem. The PLDA IP provides an easy-to-use and fully configurable PCI Express interface IP with integrated multi-channel DMA.
âThe integration of PLDAâs silicon-proven IP within Fastor Systemsâ solid state drive will result in a high-quality, integrated hardware and software solution and we are proud to be a part of its creationâ stated Stephane Hauradou, CTO for PLDA.
According to Daniel Mahoney, CEO of Fastor Systems, âPLDAâs IP provides dramatic improvements in DMA performance in our PCIe interface block, allowing us to fully demonstrate the performance potential of our new architectureâ. He added, âPLDAâs IP is well supported by their technical staff, and it will be an important element in the ultimate success of our product and the next generation SSD architecture which it embodies.â
- For information on Fastor Systems, their upcoming NVMe SSD release and their complete line of SSD solutions, visit them online at www.fastorsystems.com.
- PLDA provides several silicon-ready PCIe with DMA IP solutions for Xilinx and Altera FPGAs. All products are available now. For more information, please visit www.plda.com.
PLDA designs and sells intellectual property (IP) cores for FPGA and System-on-Chip (SoC) that aim to accelerate time-to-market for embedded electronic designers. PLDA specializes in high-speed interface protocols and technologies such as PCIe, and Ethernet.
PLDA IP cores are provided with a complete set of tools, including FPGA prototyping cards, drivers and APIs, testbenches and benefit from a global support and sales organization able to sustain over 2,000 ASIC customers worldwide.
PLDA is a global company with offices in North America (San Jose, California) and in Europe (France, Italy and Bulgaria). For more information visit www.plda.com.
About Fastor Systems
Fastor Systems is engaged in bringing future-proof solutions to the rapidly growing Cloud and Enterprise SSD markets. Fastorâs disruptive approach will provide customers with vastly enhanced application performance, reduced total cost of ownership and lower power consumption. Fastorâs advantages scale with each new interface standard, and are adaptable to all types of storage class memory media. Fastor represents the future of SSDs. For more information, visit www.fastorsystems.com.