The USB market pervasion has been extremely strong. In 2008, 2 billion
devices, USB powered, have been shipped. The USB IP market has reached
$60M in 2008. USB 3.0, or SuperSpeed USB, specification has been
released in November 2008. The industry was enthusiastic… until Intel
announce they will delay their SuperSpeed USB powered PC chipset until
2012. This report takes into account the effects this delay is causing
on USB 3.0 adoption, especially in the mainstream segments: Consumer
Electronics and Mobile communication.
"Dr. Eric Esteve provides an insightful analysis of
the USB 3.0 market. This report is useful to anyone interested in understanding
which applications and products can benefit from the new higher performance
USB 3.0 standard." |
Senior Director of Product Marketing
This study analyzes the different market segment and applications which
could get an immediate benefit from the 4 Gbps bandwidth. Based on this
analysis, we are building a very precise, bottom up forecast for the IP
sales in 2010, 2011 and 2012. As such, this report is a real “Design-In guide”
for the IP vendors involved in
SuperSpeed USB IP market. We also offer an overall forecast for
We also make a review of all the different IP vendors selling
Controller IP, PHY IP, Integrated solution or Verification IP. As such,
this report can be used as a “buying guide”
for the IDM and Fabless who
intend to externally source a USB 3.0 IP, PHY, Controller or Integrated
What Does This Report Answer?
- What are the different offers from each IP vendors?
- Support of both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, or USB 3.0 only?
- Support of Integrated solution or PHY only? Controller only?
- Who sell Verification IP? Software drivers?
- What is the license price on the open market for a Controller IP?
- What is the PHY license price dependence with the technology,
from 130nm to 45/40nm?
- Key applications to enable the SuperSpeed USB market take off?
- How many ASIC/ASSP world wide designs start, and related IP sales
in 2009? 2010? 2011?
- What is their respective impact on the USB 3.0 IP sales for?
- PC and PC peripheral,
- Set-Top box & Home entertainment,
- Mobile Phone and Internet Devices:
Who Needs This Report?
- USB IP vendors will find a competitive analysis.
- They also will get benefit from the list of application to adopt
- IDM and Fabless who need to build a short list of credible IP
- ASIC suppliers, Foundries and Design Services suppliers or
Design Houses involved in IC development that need to decide to buy the
IP or to develop the function.
Table of Contents (pdf)
Price (Single user):