The CC3312BK-A-T130G, a component of the “Power-On SoC” family of IP-cores from Cosmic Circuits, is a buck switching converter that converts input power-supply voltage of 2.7-3.6V to a programmable output voltage of 0.8V to 1.5V. The module integrates a reference generation circuitry of 1.22V. The efficiency of the DC-DC converter is optimized for light-load steady-state situations typical of handheld battery powered applications. The efficiency at medium load condition of 50-100mA is 90%. Inbuilt soft-start implementation prevents high-inrush current on power-on. A current limit of 1A provides protection from fault conditions. A power-down feature allows for a shut-off state with very low leakage.
- 1.2V Buck conversion from 2.7 – 3.6V input supply
- Programmable output voltage from 0.8V to 1.5V in steps of 25mV
- Maximum output current of 650mA
- More than 90% efficiency at output current of 100mA
- PFM mode to maximize the efficiency at low load current
- Switching frequency of 2MHz
- Low inductor value: Contact email@example.com
- In-built soft-start, under voltage and current limit flagging mechanism
- Low die-area: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- TSMC 0.13um 6LM, 3.3V IO MOS process
- The buck converter uses a unique topology to maximize efficiency for a wide range of output current loads. At low-currents, the converter switches into a PFM mode in order to achieve high efficiency. The buck converter makes use of the process technology capabilities to operate at a high 2MHz switching frequency, thereby limiting the values of the inductors to a low 4.7uH. A current-limit feature and a soft-start enable straightforward integration into an SoC.