The CC5518BK-C130G, a component of the “Power-On SoC” family of IP-cores from Cosmic Circuits, is a buck switching converter that converts input power-supply voltage of 2.7-5.5V to a programmable output voltage of 1.5V to 2.6V. The module requires an reference input of 1.22V. The efficiency of the DC-DC converter is optimized for light-load steady-state situations typical of handheld battery- powered applications.
The efficiency at medium load condition of 50-100mA is 89%. Inbuilt soft-start implementation prevents high-inrush current on power-on. A current limit of 400mA provides protection from fault conditions. A power-down feature allows for a shut-off state with very low leakage.
- 1.8V Buck conversion from Li-Ion battery
- Input power-supply from 2.7V to 5.5V
- Programmable output voltage from 1.5V to 2.7V in steps of 50mV
- Maximum output current of 200mA
- Peak efficiency of 95%
- High efficiency of 90% at low output current of 10mA
- High efficiency of 92% at high output current of 100mA
- High switching frequency of 1MHz
- Low inductor value – 4.7uH
- In-built soft-start, under voltage and current limit flagging mechanism and shutting off the converter with programmable delays.
- Chartered 0.13um 6LM, 3.3V IO MOS process, DNWELL