Enhanced Forward Error Correcting (eFEC) codes for 100G Optical Transport Network (OTN) equipment to enable sending the optical signals greater distances over existing fiber.
- 100G, 19.25% OH, Continuously Interleaved BCH-4 (CI-BCH-4) eFEC encoder/decoder
- Net Effective Coding Gain (NECG) 10dB or higher @ 1 x 10 -15 using 19.25% OTN overhead rate.
- Latency: 1Mb maximum (with register programmable settings).
- Compliance with G.709 specification, OTU4.
- 640-bit-wide encoder/decoder operating at 195Mhz (OTU4) rates.
- Industry’s Most Resource Efficient and Flexible eFEC Solutions
- Reduce COGS for eFEC solutions with the lowest resource implementation available
- i. Single-chip transponder designs
- ii. Viable single-chip muxponder designs
- Simplifying Implementation for 40G & 100G
- Faster TTM
- Optimize network latency with Programmable Latency (max of 10usec at 100G)
- Support 99.999% reliability applications with an error floor below 1E-15 Bit Error Ratio (BER).
- Appropriate FGPA Netlist (for customer's targeting FPGA), Encrypted Verilog Model for RTL simulations using Mentor Questa, Simple system Verilog testbench, Specification.
- Optional, warranty & support period.