The ISI-7530a is a 1394a to AHB bridge core designed to help 1394 chip designers implement their SOC designs by integrating this core together with their application specific logic. The ISI-7530a is made up of two silicon verified cores: The ISI-730 1394a PHY and the ISI-755 1394a General Purpose Controller.
Innovative Semiconductors’ FlexFire architecture is based on a set of parameterize building blocks that can be quickly and easily configured to support a wide range of 1394 low power applications.
The FlexFire 1394a core family includes general purpose and application-specific cores Link Layer Controllers and PHY Transceivers.
FlexFire offers the fastest and most reliable way to incorporate 1394 capabilities into products such as digital cameras, audio/video devices, Set Top Boxes, disk controllers, and other PC peripherals.
- Low power
- Small area -- Low gate count
- Integrated PHY and Controller
- Compliant with IEEE 1394a specification
- Verified in silicon
- Supports 100, 200, and 400 Mbits/sec transfer rates
- Operates at 50 MHz on commercial .35µ or smaller digital CMOS processes
- Provides full Link Layer support, plus some Transaction Layer and Bus Management functions
- Supports asynchronous and isochronous transfers, including multi-channel isochronous receive Cycle master capable
- 8, 16, or 32-bit application bus interfaces to common embedded processors
- Dynamically configurable FIFO functionality, number, and size
- RAM-based dual port FIFO can also be accessed at random
- Intelligent FIFO pointers implement restore and discard to simplify implementation of Retry Detects late packet and sequence errors.
- Integrated Phy and Link
- The ISI-7530 provides the interface to connect devices to the high speed 1394 serial bus, at speeds up to 400 Mbits/sec. It offers easy adaptability to peripheral and consumer device applications, and has been proven in silicon. The core is a programmed I/O-style controller which is well-suited to peripheral applications.
- This core can be delivered as a soft or a hard macro. The deliverables may include:
- the test bench,
- compliance test suite,
- synthesis scripts
- Software Drivers and Design Services can be provided