Imagination Technologies’ POWERVR™ SGX Programmable Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) IP family is a series of 2D/3D graphics acceleration IP cores that meets the next generation of multimedia requirements for a wide range of consumer, communications and computing applications.
The underlying POWERVR SGX architecture is fully scalable for a range of area and performance requirements, enabling it to accommodate the needs of many target markets.
The POWERVR SGX family incorporates a revolutionary new Universal Scalable Shader Engine (USSE™), with a feature set that exceeds the requirements of OpenGL 2.0 and Microsoft Shader Model 3, enabling 2D, 3D and general purpose (GPU) processing in a single core.
- Fully programmable GPU for maximum developer flexibility
- 5th generation shader-based tile-based deferred renderer architecture
- Unique Universal Scalable Shader Engine (USSE)
- Support for all industry standard graphics APIs
- Support for all major mobile operating systems
- Based on and fully backwards compatible with POWERVR MBX
- Fully compliant proven implementations of standard APIs
- Lowest power consumption and silicon footprint
- Low host and memory system bandwidth load
- Near photo realistic image quality achievable