In many systems-on-chip (SoC) that require analog interfaces, the 40-nm and 65-nm process nodes are the processes of choice due to their lower cost and stability when compared to more advanced nodes.
Synopsys' high-speed DesignWare® Data Converter IP in 40-nm and 65-nm provides SoC designers with IP solutions for the high speed analog interfaces
required in a large number of applications. These IP solutions are based on high-speed analog?to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters
(DACs) that feature small area and power consumption, making it the solution of choice for designers who need to meet challenging cost and power targets.
The DesignWare Data Converter IP includes a broad portfolio of 10-bit and 12-bit high-speed pipeline ADCs and 12-bit and 14-bit high-speed DACs, as
well as 10-bit and 11-bit general-purpose ADCs and DACs and low jitter phaselocked loops (PLL), providing flexible solutions for applications such as mobile
broadband wireless communication applications (LTE/LTE-A, WiFi.11n, WiFi.11ac) and digital TV reception applications. The DesignWare Data Converter IP in
40-nm and 65-nm can reach very high sampling rates with excellent dynamic performance, while processing signal bandwidth beyond 100 MHz. The IP is also
ideal for home networking (G.hn) applications and for the direct conversion of high intermediate frequency (IF) signals.
- Complete portfolio for analog interfaces in 40-nm and 65-nm includes high-speed ADCs and DACs, PLL, and general-purpose ADCs and DACs
- Standard CMOS process with no additional process options
- 10-bit and 12-bit pipeline ADCs up to 250 MSPS
- Multiple analog interface options available for greater architectural flexibility for specific applications
- 14-bit DAC up to 400 MSPS and 12-bit DAC up to 160 MSPS
- Very high-performance, high-speed data converter IP
- Power consumption reduction of up to 2X and area use reduced over previous generations
- Behavioral Verilog model
- Abstract LEF and timing LIB files
- CDL Netlist for LVS
- GDSII layout database
- Assembly guidelines and full integration support