The 3GPP LTE Turbo Decoder is a flexible, high performance and resource efficient implementation of the turbo convolutional decoding scheme defined in the 3GPP LTE specifications. A user specified number of parallel decoders are implemented in order to meet the challenging throughput and latency goals imposed by LTE. An intelligent scheduler optimizes the allocation of decode tasks across these parallel decode units. The 3GPP LTE Turbo Decoder can be used in conjunction with the 3GPP LTE Turbo Encoder core. In addition to providing additional features, the v2.0 3GPP LTE Turbo Decoder offers resource savings of the order of 20% when compared to the v1.0 3GPP LTE Turbo Decoder.
- Fully compliant to the 3GPP LTE specifications
- User configurable number of parallel processing units (1, 2, 4 or 8 PUs)
- Throughput in excess of 200 Mbps with the 8PU version
- Intelligent scheduler dispatches decode tasks across PUs to optimize throughput and latency
- Supports MAX, MAXSCALE, and MAX* algorithms
- Bit accurate C-Model available to speed simulation
- Optional input/output of extrinsic data (supports advanced demodulation techniques such as turbo equalization)