The 3GPP Searcher from Xilinx is commonly used in Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) transmission systems. This LogiCORE™ from Xilinx is a highly integrated solution for identifying the multiple transmission paths of users in a 3GPP uplink. The core includes all the logic required for scramble code generation, correlation, accumulation and filtering functions in a single co-processing solution, easily integrated with either a DSP or microprocessor using the available OCP interfaces. This LogiCORE is aimed at offering a compact and scalable solution when either used for Picocell/Femtocell applications or Macrocell, resulting in the lowest cost for the given target application. The Coregen GUI allows users to fully customize to their own needs.
- Scalable solution from Femtocells to Macrocells allowing appropriate utilization/requirement trade-offs.
- Correlation against pilot bit and data bits in DPCCH channel, multiple search correlations in parallel, filtered and unfiltered PDP generation.
- Highly integrated, encapsulating all circuitry to generate and maintain PDPs for each search, such as an automatic scramble code advance, scramble code and pilot generation, search correlation, coherent and non-coherent accumulation and PDP filtering.
- Fully customizable for number of searches, results, antennas; oversample and clock rates; search window size; quantization and scheduling period.
- Efficient search scheduler, allowing fast changing channels to be scheduled more frequently than slower changing channels, for hardware optimization.
- Easy integration to microprocessor or DSP via built in OCP interface.