The 3GPP Turbo Decoder for LTE-Advanced and standards beyond is based on a proprietary algorithm, fully compliant to the requirements defined in 3gpp standards. The performance metrics are sufficiently high to support multiple applications.
- Primarily built for LTE supporting: Rate of 1/3 and Block lengths up to 6144
- Based on a proprietary algorithm, a partially linear derivative of Log MAP.
- Achieving Zero BER convergence with three iterations. Fourth iteration performance metric is sufficiently ahead of 3gpp requirements.
- Achieving throughputs of 440 Mb/s for block lengths of 6144 at clock frequencies of 350 MHz
- Parameters such as block length, window size and number of iterations maybe dynamically reconfigurable.
Block Diagram of the 3GPP Turbo Decoder for LTE-Advanced and Beyond