Enhanced Forward Error Correcting (eFEC) codes for 40G Optical Transport Network (OTN) equipment to enable sending the optical signals greater distances over existing fiber.
- 40G, 7% OH, Continuously Interleaved BCH-3 (CI-BCH-3) eFEC encoder/decoder.
- Net Effective Coding Gain (NECG): 9.35dB @ 1 x 10 -15 using 6.7% OTN overhead rate.
- Latency: 1Mb maximum (with register programmable settings).
- Compliance with G.709 specification, OTU3, OTU3e.
- 256-bit-wide encoder/decoder operating at 168Mhz (OTU3) or 174Mhz (OTU3e) rates.
- Industry’s Most Resource Efficient and Flexible eFEC Solutions
- a. Reduce COGS for eFEC solutions with the lowest resource implementation available
- i. Single-chip transponder designs
- ii. Viable single-chip muxponder designs
- Simplifying Implementation for 40G & 100G
- Faster TTM
- Optimize network latency with Programmable Latency (max of 10usec at 100G)
- Support 99.999% reliability applications with an error floor below 1E-15 Bit Error Ratio (BER).
- Appropriate FGPA Netlist (for customers targeting FGPA), Encrypted Verilog Model for RTL simulations using Mentor Questa, Simple system Verilog testbench, Specifications.
- Optional, warranty & support period.