The KR-S2G-60 employs a Delta Sigma Phase Detector that enables advanced digital filtering techniques that significantly reduce out-of-band quantization noise. As there is less quantization noise to suppress, the loop filter can be made wider thus improving switching speed and providing higher VCO noise suppression.
The digital on-chip Loop Filter eliminates pins and component count. Having the Loop Filter on-chip means that the synthesizer does not need to be on the edge of the chip which is advantageous in pad limited SoCs. Further, the digital loop filter bandwidth can be programmed on the fly enabling multi-standard, multiband, and multi-VCO architectures.
- 2 to 6 GHz Operation
- Delta/Sigma Phase Detector
- Comparison Frequency 6 MHz to 40 MHz
- Input Reference Frequency up to 50 MHz
- 20-bit Delta/Sigma Modulator gives 150 Hz step size with 40 MHz Reference Frequency
- Phase noise –92 dBc/Hz at 20 kHz offset at 6 GHz with 40 MHz reference
- Spurious Response -80 dBc
- Current Consumption 12 mA at 3 V
- Digitally Filtered Lock Detect
- Digital on-chip Loop Filter
- Programmable Loop Bandwidth
- Low out-of-band Noise allows wider Loop Bandwidth
- Low Spurious Response