8-VSB is the RF modulation format utilized by the DTV (ATSC) digital television standard to transmit digital bits over the airwaves to the home consumer.
- Compliant to ATSC Standard A/53, ATSC Digital Television Standard.
- Input: 19.39…Mbps serial data stream.
- 207/187 Reed Solomon Encoder
- 52 data segment (intersegment) convolutional byte interleaver
- Interleaving depth: 1/6 of a data field (4ms deep).
- 2/3 rate trellis code. 8-level (3 bit) one dimensional costellation.
- The core is available for FPGA application, the following items are deliverable:
- User guide
- Block level design document
- VHDL test bench and test vectors
- Fully synthesizable VHDL source code
- Synthesis script for Synplicity
- FPGA netlist and Xilinx ISE constraints files