Ittiam 802.11b 22 MHz PHY Intellectual Property (IP) Core is a licensable and synthesizable HDL implementation of IEEE Standard 802.11b 1999 Edition in Verilog. The IEEE 802.11b specification is the high rate extension of the Physical Layer for the Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) system (as per IEEE Standard 802.11 - 1999) for the 2.4 GHz band designated for ISM applications.
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.11b Standard 1999
- Supports all mandatory data rates and modulation schemes: 1, 2, 5.5 (CCK), 11 (CCK) Mbps
- Short and Long Preamble Support
- Multipath combating with high performance Rake+ISI+ICI equalizer
- Carrier and Symbol Timing Synchronization algorithms
- Optimized interfaces to Ittiam 802.11 MAC solution (customizable to other MAC solutions) and third party RF chipsets
- Fully synthesizable and optimized for low gate count
- Low implementation loss
- Fully verified and real-time tested on a FPGA based development platform
- Considerations for easy ASIC integration
- Delivered Package contains VHDL/Verilog source code, VHDL/Verilog build scripts, synthesis and test scripts, golden test vectors, test benches, simulation and synthesis reports, user and reference manuals
- Validated on Ittiam WLAN Development Platform.