Implementation of the new WLAN security standard 802.11i requires the NIST standard AES cipher in CTR and CBC modes (a.k.a. CCM) for encryption and message authentication. The WPA2 AES core is tuned for 802.11i applications and as such requires much smaller gate count than a full implementation. The core contains the base AES core AES1 and is available for immediate licensing.
The design is fully synchronous and available in both source and netlist form.
- 8,900 ASIC gates at 802.11a/g OFDM data speeds
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory
- Includes encryption, decryption, key expansion and data interface
- Support for Counter Mode Encryption (CTR) operation and CCM extensions (Counter Mode with CBC MAC, AES0CTR per NIST SP800-38C)
- Automatic generation of key context from keydata
- Flow-through design
- Test bench provided
- Deliverables include test benches
- Flow-through design allowed to produce an extremely compact core - full 802.11i support in less than ASIC 9K gates.
- HDL Source Licenses:
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL source code
- Testbench (self-checking)
- Vectors for testbenches
- Expected results
- Simulation script
- Synthesis script
- User Documentation
- Netlist License also available