The NTadpcm core is fully compliant with G.726 standard and supports up to 64 full duplex voice channels. The core is used in applications that require reduction in transport and storage bandwidth requirements. It significantly offloads CPU tasks as a co-processing system element.
- Compliant with ITU G.721, G.723, G.726 and G.726-Annex recommendations.
- On-the-fly configuration for variable compression rate, PCM law.
- Process capability of up to 64 full duplex or up to 128 half duplex voice channels.
- Burst and continuous mode support.
- No register based configuration is required.
- A-law, u-law linear code format selection.
- Fully compliant to ITU test vectors (ITU G.726-A2).
- Synthesizable VHDL or Verilog code.
- C++ model for system simulation.
- Comprehensive test bench.
- Detailed user's guide.
Block Diagram of the ADPCM G.726 Codec