The AES Accelerator is a dedicated hardware accelerator that performs the cipher/decipher function on the incoming data. The AES Accelerator supports both PIO and DMA mode of operation. The AES Accelerator supports the three AES key sizes 128, 192, 256-bit, and performs offline key expansion. It supports AES ECB, CBC, CTR and CCM modes of operation and is fully compliant with IEEE 802.16e and ZigBee specifications for CTR and CCM modes.
The AES Accelerator is designed to interface to the host processor through the AMBA APB interface and to memory through a DMA channel. It can interface to most peripheral expansion buses.
- 128-bit or 32-bit datapaths.
- Programmable ECB, CBC, CTR and CCM support.
- Programmable 128, 192, 256-bit AES key size support.
- Key expansion and storage, built-in support for expanded key.
- Fully compliant with FIPS 197 specifications.
- Fully compliant with IEEE 802.16e and ZigBee specifications for CTR and CCM modes.
- For AES CCM mode, support for Additional Authenticate Data (AAD) length from 0 to (216 -1) octets.
- Full-duplex 2-channel DMA for transmitting and receiving data.
- Scatter-gather operations supported.
- Compliant to AMBA 2.0 specifications
- The AES accelerator is used to encrypt and decrypt data. The AES accelerator is applicable to any system that needs to provide hardware acceleration for the purposes of encryption and decryption of data such as storage, 802.16 MAC layer, TCP/IP stacks, security and surveillance.