This relates to an interference mitigation system for the 3-5 GHz impulse radio based ultra-wideband (IR-UWB) receiver. The in-band/out-of-band interference rejection function has been incorporated in both the antenna and LNA to simplify the receiver structure and system size. Through the co-design of antenna and LNA, the UWB receiver front-end can be equipped with in-band/out-of-band interference rejection function without using any extra external components. Normal out-of band rejection requires additional component on PCB.
- Removes bulky on board band-pass filter leads to reduced system size. On-chip notch filter size 180um X 200um
- Enhanced in-band/out-of-band interference rejection function
- Tunable in-band/out-band notch filter for unknown interferer searching
- Improved receiver sensitivity
- Max/min attenuation at 2.4GHz is 40/20 dB; at 5.5GHz is 35dB
- total notch frequency band 5.16 to 5.82 GHz
- In-band notch produced by the active notch filter tunable between 1.9GHz to 3.3GHz