The BA511 is a multi-channel ARINC 429 transmitter and receiver core for serial communication in airborne applications. The BA511 is developed, validated & licensed by BARCO-Silex.
The BA511 has been developed according to the RTCA/DO-254 ED-80 guidelines. These guidelines are required by the Airworthiness Certification Authorities (EASA and FAA) for hardware developments that need to be certified for the use in commercial aircraft equipments.
The BA511 incorporates a simple basic synchronous CPU interface which can easily be connected to your required interface. Each individual channel can be configured according to your specifications.
Each channel contains a specific buffer (FIFO), which are incorporated in the BA511. This allows efficient data transfer between the CPU and the BA511.
- Applicable Standards:
- Supports ARINC 429 standard part 1, 2 and 3
- Developed according to RTCA/DO-254 ED-80 guidance ( DAL A criteria)
- Technical features:
- Simple synchronous CPU interface
- Supports up to 32 ARINC 429 inputs and 16 ARINC 429 outputs
- Independent channel configuration via the CPU interface
- 63 word buffer (FIFO) for each ARINC 429 input channel
- 31 word buffer (FIFO) for each ARINC 429 output channel
- FIFO Overflow, Parity error, Frame error
- Configuration support per channel:
- Low speed (LS, 12.5KHz) or high speed (HS, 100 KHz) mode
- VHDL RTL sources compliant to the BARCO coding standard
- Functional verification test benches obtaining 100% code coverage
- Simulation and implementation scripts and logs in order to regenerate the same functional behavior
- Implementation results