CT20602 is a complete solution for the new BaseBand USB Power Delivery v2.0 standard.
It consists of a physical layer based on an analog hard macro and a specific RTL for digital blocks and a full featured USB-PD controller implemented in software.
The upper layers of the standard are implemented in Software. Standard C-coding permits easy porting and system flexibility: it can run in an integrated soft core or in an external standard microcontroller. To relax the performances of the microcontroller, the most demanding tasks are implemented digitally in the physical layer.
Combined with an external power supply, the CT20602 permits to negotiate up to 100W over the USB cable (VBUS). The CT20602 is a full USB-PD device, allowing all the feature of the USB-PD v2.0. like role swap, power profile negotiation and cable detect; the POL signal allows an analog MUX to manage all possible configurations of the Type-C connector.
The CT20602 can be easily ported to different M/S technologies and integrated in complex chips to maximum system integration.
- USB Power Delivery v2.0 Compliant
- Analog PHY implements CMOS BaseBand Transceiver
- Cable Detection circuit and Type-C Mux controls
- Standard M/S CMOS techno
- RTL of digital blocks
- C-code stack for the upper layers
- easy portability to soft-core or std microcontroller
- easy integration with application specific SW
- Currently in development
- GDS2 and LVS Netlist to be available soon
- Footprint (.LEF) to be available soon
- HDL models to be available soon
- RTL netlist to be available soon
- Software C code
- Test Specifications to be available soon
- HW and SW Integration guidelines to be available soon
- USB Power Delivery Devices
- PD hubs, HDDs and SSDs
- USB Wall chargers
Block Diagram of the Baseband USB Power Delivery PHY and Controller