Power consumption becomes more and more critical with the growing complexity of the SoCs.
Embedding more directly battery supplied functions is one of the most efficient design techniques to reduce power consumption in sleep mode as it allows to power-off a regulator.
This creates a need for Standard Cell Libraries to support the corresponding higher voltage logic sections of the SoC. SESAME Battery Interface Voltage addresses this need by enabling operation up to 3.6 V, while dramatically reducing leakage compared to other solutions.
SESAME BIV can be used for 2 different purposes:
* Direct battery supply: 3.3 V islets directly powered by the external battery and/or the 3.3 V pads
* Ultra low leakage for any islet in the SoC at nominal power supply (1.8 V)
- Level shifters can be provided as add-on
- High design yield and reliability thanks to our Virtual Fab Process™
- Easy creation of ultra low leakage islets: reduce leakage up to 1000 times at 180 nm
- Power-off or even avoid a regulator thanks to direct battery or pad interface