BCH codes can be used to create concatenated code with increased performance. BCH codec is an IP core containing both encoder and decoder. BCH codec IP Core (HIP 2900) can be used for a variety of applications, including disk players, audio techniques, digital video broadcast products, wireless communication products, broadband modems, satellite communications products, space projects and storage devices. The two main applications for BCH codec IP Core (HIP 2900) are data transmission and data storage:
* Data transmission dedicated BCH architectures overcome channel noise and transmission data corruption.
* Data storage dedicated BCH architectures overcome physical media imperfection.
- 1 bit error correction and 2 bits error detection
- Low latency. It is 70 clock cycles for encoder and 100 clock cycles for decoder
- Single clock synchronous design
- Technology independent HDL code
- SoC integration support