The CC48120CP-T130G is a low noise, high efficiency charge pump in 0.13μm CMOS process suitable for SoC integration
Using a pulse frequency modulation mode of operation, the charge pump generates 4.8V and can deliver up to 120mA of load
current for a wide input range of 2.9V to 4.2V. The architecture allows operation up to 4.2V input and uses two small external
capacitors. The charge pump includes an undervoltage output fault condition detector with programmable trigger points and delay
settings. A built in automatic soft start circuitry prevents excessive in-rush currents during startup. A power down capability is included for extremely low power dissipation in stand-by mode.
- Capacitive Charge-Pump
- Generates 4.8V±2% regulated output voltage
- Supports up to 120mA of load current
- Wide input supply range of operation 2.9V-4.2V
- Automatic soft start
- TSMC 0.13um 1P6M CMOS, Deep-NWELL
- The charge-pump works off a wide input voltage range input supply (2.9-4.2V), making it suitable for battery-powered and
- USB powered applications. It is built using 0.13μm CMOS process without requiring any additional high-voltage devices and
- operates reliably across the entire voltage range. The architecture uses a Pulse-Frequency-Modulation (PFM) technique to achieve a peak efficiency of 90% and an average efficiency of 80%. The chargepump provides for an additional 1.8V input supply to optimize efficiency. The High frequency switching minimizes the capacitor sizes and makes it suitable for thin formfactor portable applications.