This IP implements a video interface which is compatible with the ITU-R BT 601 and ITU-R BT 656 recommendations. It accepts video input in the YCrCb (4:2:2) color space and Output is given as parallel 8 bit BT 656 video stream. It supports 16 different types of resolutions and two TV Broadcasting formats NTSC and PAL. It also gives a phase shifted clock which is in synch with the input clock and compliant with BT 656 standard.
The core is designed for efficient implementation on FPGA and ASIC. The device utilization of this IP on Spartan 3E 1200 k gates is 1 % and operating frequency is 27 MHz.
- IP complies with the ITU-R BT 656 recommendation and provides the video interface for display controller IC. The display IC in turn would be able to support 525 and 625 line interlaced TV display.
- If there is some error in the output video stream then the IP goes into lock mode and error flag is asserted at the output, only when the hardware reset is done that IP returns to its normal functioning.
- This core has been verified through extensive simulations ,direct testing and code coverage measurements
- This IP is ideal to use with video processors and display controllers. Typical applications include,
- Digital surveillance systems.
- Digital cameras.
- Advanced mobile phones with video capabilities.