The DCORDIC uses the CORDIC algorithm to compute trigonometric, reverse trigonometric, hyperbolic and reverse hyperbolic functions. It supports sine, cosine, arcus tangent functions for hyperbolic and trigonometric systems. Logarithm, square root and exponent functions can also be computed. It supports fixed point 24-bit numbers.
DCORDIC is a technology independent design that can be implemented in a variety of process technologies.
- 24-bit precision (IEEE-754 single preci-sion real mantissa format)
- 4-ulp accuracy (34-bit internal registers)
- Fully configurable
- Performs the following functions:
- sin(x), cos(x)
- sinh(x), cosh(x)
- ln(x), ex, sqrt(x)
- Fully synthesizable
- Static synchronous design
- Positive edge clocking and no internal tri-states
- Scan test ready