ARM ® Artisan® Cortex™ -A9 Processor Optimization Packs (POPs) allow SoC designers to develop custom solutions, optimizing Cortex-A9 designs for maximum performance or reduced power, while minimizing design time. The POP delivers a maximum performance of over 1.4GHz under typical conditions and greater than 1GHz under worst case conditions. The Processor Optimization Packs can also achieve greater than 75% reduction in processor leakage from multi-channel libraries and power management kits utilizing C50 lengths and a refined HVt mix. The Artisan POPs are silicon proven and can be implemented with a fully automated place and route flow, reducing risk and time-to-silicon. Processor Optimization Packs provide designers with benchmarks for predictable performance and IP implemented with standardized flows, to reduce overall design time.
- High performance library components:
- ? Fast cache instances (FCI) for L1
- ? High performance kit (HPK) with a combination of power optimized libraries
- ? Multi-Channel logic and power management kit (PMK) enable an optimized ARM core implementation
- Characterized for nominal (1.1v) and OD (1.2v) domain enabling DVFS
- ARM certified benchmarking datasheet along with detailed user-guide detailing floor planning methodology, signal-off criteria etc, enabling rapid time to market
- Each ARM product is delivered with a full suite of design views and models that support industry leading design tools. Front End (FE) design and complete (FB) tapeout views can be downloaded from the ARM DesignStart website at: http://designstart.arm.com.