PE-CRDMA LTE engine has been specifically designed to address the security needs for the current and next generation of mobile broadband telecommunications. The engine’s framework includes a highly-efficient programmable sequencer, Secure DMA engine, and cryptographic/hashing resources required for the computationally intensive confidentiality and authentication.
LTE is a DMA (AHB/AXI) engine with crypto blocks to off-
load crypto engine processing. It produces the keystream that consists of 32-bit blocks using 128-bit key and IV. It consists of an encryption algorithm and an integrity algorithm named 128-EEA3 and 128-EIA3.
Role of crypto 3GPP LTE:
Network domain security (NDS)
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
Interworking with WLAN (I-WLAN)
Generic Authentication Architecture (GAA)
Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS)
Secure channel between UICC and a (remote) terminal .
- Supports AES, SNOW 3G, ZUC and KASUMI based crypto algorithms
- Built-in scatter/gather DMA capability offloads system CPU.
- Increased throughput with combined hash and cipher operations.
- Completely self-contained: does not require external memory.
- Keystream generation using the SNOW 3G Algorithm.
- Cipher algorithms: AES, SNOW 3G.
- Cipher modes: AES-CTR ,SNOW-3G- UEA2,SNOW-3G-128-EEA1, AES-128.
- Hash/MAC algorithms: AES-CMAC .
- SNOW-3G-128-EIA1, AES-128.
- Independent block to perform Crypto Processing.
- Can be easily integrated into an existing data path .
- Packet interface and Key interface is programmable .
- Multiple flavors of design for different performance requirements (different pipeline stages) .
- Mobile communications.
- Base stations.
- 3GPP, LTE, LTE Advanced
- GSM , UMTS, Edge
- Fully Synthesizable RTL .
- Self-checking Testbench and Testcases .
- Verification specification .
- ASIC/FPGA synthesis scripts .
- User documentation .
- Integration manual