The Digital Blocks DB6845 CRT Controller core is a full function equivalent to the Motorola MC6845 device. The DB6845 interfaces a microprocessor to a raster-scan CRT display. The microprocessor access 19 registers (1 Address and 18 Data Registers) within the DB6845 in order to provide video timing, refresh memory addresses, cursor, and light pen strobe signals. CRT video timing signals include Vertical Sync (VS), Horizontal Sync (HS), and Display Enable (DE) output signals. Refresh memory addressing includes Memory Address (MA[13:0]) and Row Address (RA[4:0]) output buses.
- Synchronous, synthesizable VHDL Core, functionally equivalent to Motorola MC6845.
- Capable of driving alphanumeric, semi-graphic, or bit-mapped graphics displays.
- Wide range of programmable screen formats.
- Programmable registers controlling output signals Vertical Sync (VS), Horizontal Sync (HS), and Display Enable (DE) signals. Programmable horizontal line rate and sync pulse width. Programmable vertical frame rate.
- Programmable registers controlling Memory Address (MA[13:0]) start address.
- Programmable Start Address Register for Hardware Scrolling.
- Programmable registers controlling Row Address (RA[4:0]) size, yielding a character row.
- Programmable register controlling Normal Sync (Non-Interlace), Interlace Sync, or Interlace Sync & Video Mode.
- Programmable registers for control and format of Cursor.
- Light Pen Register.
- Microprocessor 8-bit Data Bus and Control Interface.
- The DB6845 CRT Controller is a silicon-proven display controller IP core. Customers can work off the large industry knowledge surrounding the Motorola MC6845, including software drivers, to get CRT display controller designs up and running quickly.
- VHDL RTL Source.
- Comprehensive testbench suite with expected results.
- Synthesis scripts.
- Installation Guide.
- Technical Reference Manual.