The TeraFire RNG-A100 true random number generator core complements Athena's comprehensive suite of cryptographic IP cores, providing the essential cryptographic-grade random numbers for use in key generation, key exchange, noise generation in communications applications, and more.
TeraFire RNG cores are a fast and reliable way to incorporate cryptographic-grade random numbers into your design. The RNG-A100 is a minimum area solution that couples a non-deterministic entropy source (NRNG), containing multiple random oscillators, with a non-linear deterministic RNG (DRNG) to produce the highest quality RNG available today. Athena's innovative architecture uses non-deterministic data as an initialization vector, and also continuously incorporates the entropy of the NRNG with that of the DRNG.
The RNG-A100 has been proven compliant with NIST SP800-22 and FIPS 140-1 randomness tests in commercial customer silicon. The Athena RNG-A100 continuously monitors its operation to detect potential fault conditions and is built to survive faults while continuing to provide cryptographic-grade random numbers. It has been designed to mitigate attacks on RNGs, and exploit application-level sources of non-deterministic randomness.
Athena offers flexible licensing options, including single design, project, and site licenses.
- Includes both a deterministic RNG and non-deterministic noise source
- Initializes using non-linear oscillators
- Incorporates oscillator noise for continuous entropy injection
- Silicon proven
- Tested and proven compliant to NIST SP800-22 and FIPS140-1 tests
- Continuously monitors for faults
- Survives faults to continue providing cryptographic-grade random numbers
- Simple interface standard
- AHB, AXI interfaces available
- Available for all Actel device families