So_ip_idte core can be used create an ensemble of decision trees directly in hardware. DTs that make up the ensemble can have univarite, multivariate and non-linear tests. Creating DT ensemble directly in hardware results in the significant increase of the inference speed, compared with the traditional software-based approach.
So_ip_idte core uses bagging algorithm to create a DT ensemble. Bagging is one of the earliest proposed ensemble-creation algorithms. It is also one of the most intuitive and simplest to implement, with surprisingly good performance. Bagging is particularly appealing when the available data is of limited size. Bagging algorithm can be easily parallelized in contrast to most other popular methods for the ensemble classifier creation. At the hart of the bagging algorithm a proprietary DT inference algorithm based on the evolutionary algorithms, developed at So-Logic, is used to infer individual DT members in parallel. This approach results in very fast DT ensemble inference times while still having acceptable resource requirements.
After the inference process is complete, complete structural information about the created DTs is transferred through the output ports. This information can be easily transferred to some of the So-Logicís DT ensemble evaluation cores enabling hardware implementation of the inferred DT ensemble. By combining these two cores a hardware-based adaptive learning ensemble systems can be easily designed.
So_ip_idte core is delivered with fully automated testbench and a compete set of tests allowing easy package validation at each stage of SoC design flow.
The so_ip_idte design is strictly synchronous with positive-edge clocking, no internal tri-states and a synchronous reset.
The so_ip_idte core can be evaluated using any evaluation platform available to the user before actual purchase. This is achieved by using a time-limited demonstration bit files for selected platform that allows the user to evaluate system performance under different usage scenarios.
- Enables DT ensemble creation directly in hardware
- Speedup of inference time of over 1000x compared to the traditional software approach
- Supports classification problems that are defined by numerical attributes only
- DTs with univariate or multivariate tests are supported
- DTs with nonlinear tests are supported
- No special IP blocks are needed to implement the core, only memory, adders and multipliers
- User can specify the number format for all DT ensemble parameters in order to achieve the best performance/size ratio after implementation
- Can be easily integrated with some of the So-Logicís DT ensemble evaluation cores to create hardware-based adaptive learning ensemble systems
- VHDL Source Code or netlis
- Verification environment with regression suite
- Technical documentation
- Installation notes
- User Manual
- Instantiation templates
- Reference Design
- Technical Support
- IP Core implementation support
- Variable length maintenance
- Delivery of IP Core updates, minor and major changes
- Delivery of documentation updates
- Telephone & email support