CAN is a message-based protocol, designed specifically for automotive applications but now also used in other areas such as avionics equipment in safety critical application. The CAN Interface module is a dedicated interface which enables data communication for ARINC825 application layer. It allows a system with an embedded CAN bus to transmit information quickly and surely. The hardware item only covers digital layers of the CAN Protocol bus architecture. The APB_ARINC825 matches major needs of any critical application and mainly those which require a DO-254 DAL-A compliance in the aerospace area.
The development has been done according to the RTCA/DO-254 ED-80 guidelines.
This component has been developed, verified and licensed by SILKAN.
- Developed according to DO-254/ED-80 guidance. Compliant DAL A.
- Compliant with ARINC825-1 Specification. May 10, 2010.
- Compliant with CAN 2.0 Specification (v 2.0) published by Bosh (part A and part B).
- Support Transceiver ISO1050 from Texas Instrument and Philips TJA1040 with Standby mode.
- Mitigation Techniques : Recover from SEU (self-healing feature) and report any detected error.
- Bit rates up to 1 Mbits/s are possible at network length below 40 m.
- Supports 1Mbps, 500kbits, 250kbits, 125kbits and low speed at 83.33kbits with configurable baud rate generator.
- CAN 2.0 part A and B: base frame format (11 identifier bits) and extended frame format (29 identifier bits).
- CAN High speed: up to 30 nodes.
- Support TXD/RXD interface for external transceiver (TI ISO1050-SLL983C)
- Support 8/16/32-bits APB interface with separate clock domain.
- 64 byte receive Message FIFO
- Message filtering
- Normal and listen Only Mode
- Single shot transmission
- Local and Global self test
- Technology independent (Altera/Xilinx/Actel/ASIC).
- VHDL RTL sources code compliant with SILKAN’s design standard.
- VHDL verification test-benches with 100% code coverage and functional requirement coverage.
- Reference Design as integration example (Dry Run) on Xilinx® device.
- SILKAN’s support includes technical integration, DO-254 integration and certification phases.
- IP Datasheet and Customer Requirement Specification (CRS) document.