A low noise, high performance 1 SEG tuner including radio, ADC and digital filtering for ease of integration into 65nm single-chip SoC. The architecture maximises the benefit of 65nm CMOS by implementing digital channel filtering and minimising the size of the radio. The net result is an ultra small, high performance, flexible tuner that delivers lowest NF and smallest area.
- The single-ended RF front-end supports the UHF band from 470 to 862MHz. and includes gain modes to allow for optimum reception over a wide range of channel conditions. The IF chain comprises of an auto-calibrated and configurable IF filter and programmable gain amplifiers. The output of the IF strip is digitised by an IQ ADC. The digitally programmable RF and IF gain loops provide a fast and stable response to any dynamically changing broadcast channel.
- The digital section includes decimation, channel filtering, DC offset and signal power monitoring. There is also a control path that includes registers to program different settings and modes of the tuner. A digital state machine continually monitors the tuner conditions and updates the gain and offset loops to ensure optimum signal reception.
- The Fractional-N synthesizer delivers a low phase noise LO signal. Carrier frequencies can be incremented in sub 10Hz steps. A wide range of reference frequencies up to 50MHz can be accommodated for ease of integration.
- The complete receiver macro is realised with a fully differential architecture in 65nm CMOS and is powered from a 1.2V supply. It includes on-chip power management and an extensive register set. The macro can been designed for ease of process portability and is readily portable to 45nm, 90nm and other sub-micron technology nodes.
- Robust operation in a multi-application singlechip. Ultra low area delivers very low cost.
- Optimised for co-existence in a multiple application SoC and is immune to interference from cellular and other wireless interferers.
- The macro is readily portable to 45nm, 90nm and 0.13um.
- Max NF of 3dB for advanced sensitivity performance and excellent IP2 and IP3 for maximum interferer immunity.
- The typical current consumption including ADCs and digital is only 54mA.
- High selectivity filtering for maximum adjacent and alternate channel ratio
- Wide range of input reference frequencies
- Very low external component count
- GDSII, Test Reports, Integration Guide and Support, Application Guide and Support, Production Test Guide and Support