Imagination Technologies' META™ MTX processor core is a very small, very low power 32-bit embedded controller for deeply embedded applications. Able to operate from a single memory macro the MTX is ideal as a high level supervisor for subsystems requiring a small footprint microcontroller. MTX delivers up to 225 DMIPS in a 0.13µm process.
The META MTX, with its simple yet powerful design, is ideal for SoC integration. Its self-contained memory subsystem means it imposes minimal overhead on an SoC, yet delivers high performance from its single threaded CPU. Where multiple MTX cores might be required in a complex design, the related META ATP and META HTP multi-threaded processor cores offer a compelling alternative upgrade path.
- True 32-bit embedded controller
- Very small die size and low power consumption
- 16-bit instruction set
- JTAG debug support
- Two 64-bit coprocessor interfaces
- Advanced system event handling
- Optional burst transfer engine
- 32-bit GPIO
- Fully synthesizable
- Upgradeable to META ATP and HTP multithreaded processors
- Proven solutions that minimise design risk and reduce time-to-market
- Non-invasive debugging via CODESCAPE
- Reduce respins due to changed standards compared with state machines
- Mature toolchain